One of the most important points when buying on AliExpress is communication with the seller. As we explained in the Essential Buyers Guide for AliExpress (which I recommend you read if you are starting to buy on this Chinese online sales platform) a good part of the purchase process depends on the seller. Today we are going to explain how to contact the seller and all the tricks to achieve better communication with them.
How can the seller help you?
The seller is in charge of receiving your order, sending the package, and offering you a resolution if there is something wrong when you receive it (although in this last point, AliExpress may intervene if you both don't get to an agreement). Therefore, there are many occasions when communicating with the seller can be crucial, here are some ideas:
- When you don't know what size to choose or what characteristics the product you are buying has, for example, if you want to ask for a real photo of the product.
- If you have made a mistake with the shipping address, or if you want to cancel the order.
- If the order does not arrive within a reasonable period of time, you can ask the seller himself.
- If when the order arrives, there is an error in the product received. You can also open a dispute, but it is advisable to talk to the seller before, to see if they offer us a solution beforehand.
Which language should I use when writing to the seller?
AliExpress is a Chinese online shopping site. The usual way of communicating with them is by using English.
How do I contact them?
There are several ways to get in contact with the seller. But we will refer to two main systems: through the mobile app or through our computer.
Through your computer
If we are browsing AliExpress through our computer, we can contact the seller by message or through chat, although due to the time difference between our country and China, it is most likely that they will not answer the chat immediately, so it is better to send a message and wait for their reply.
The easiest way to contact the seller is to go to the side of the ad we are looking at and look for the “contact” button. Some sellers also offer the possibility of contacting them by chat through an agent.
We can also contact the seller from anywhere in the seller's store (for example, from the home page). You just have to go to the top of the AliExpress page, look for the name of the store, and a menu will be displayed in which it will give us the option to contact the seller.
And how will we see the seller's response? Well, very easy, we just have to go to our AliExpress account and look for the so-called “Message Center” where we will see all the messages.
Trough the app
If we are browsing AliExpress through its mobile app, we will not be able to contact the seller through chat but we can send messages. As before, we have two ways to contact the seller.
The first way to contact them is through the ad itself. We just have to go to the end of the ad and look for the “contact” button.
If, on the other hand, we are looking at the seller's store, we can contact directly through their store: look for the red button in the lower right, press, and you will see the button that we show you below, which will allow you to contact the seller.
To see the seller's response, we will only have to go to the AliExpress menu and access the “messages” section, where we will find all the messages sent and received.
What if the seller doesn't answer?
Many times you ask us what to do when the seller does not answer. We will put the most frequent situations and our personal recommendations.
- If you are asking for more details about a product before buying: Sellers can take several days to reply, especially during festive times such as the Chinese New Year, where most of them take a few days off. Even so, if you see that he does not answer or does not tell you what you want to know, it may be a good time to find another seller that offers the same product. Below we will explain how.
- If you want to cancel the order or change something: In case they don't answer, it is most likely that they will send the order as we have put in when paying. The first 6 hours after paying an order, cancellations are made without the seller having to approve them, after that time you will not be able to do anything unless the seller accepts.
- If the order doesn't arrive: In this case, seeing that the seller does not answer us, we can open a dispute, if the seller still does not answer the dispute, AliExpress will refund the money. If they answer but we are not convinced by the proposed solution, we can wait and let AliExpress intervene in the dispute.
- If you received the order but there's a problem with it: We should proceed the same way as before; by opening a dispute.
More recommendations to get in contact with sellers
As you can see, contacting the seller is very useful and recommended on certain occasions. Our last advice is that you try to send simple and short messages, because if we are using a translator, the more we complicate the message, the more translation errors can be made. Attaching images can also be of great help. For example, you can give them a screenshot highlighting something in the ad that is related to your question.
Remember that in our tutorial section you can find other guides as useful as this one that will help you improve your shopping experience on AliExpress. If you have any questions, you can leave us a comment here below with your question.