A few days ago we published our definitive guide to AliExpress shipping, where we explained in detail how it works and the different types of shipping that are in AliExpress.
Today we are going to explain how to track your orders, help you decipher the messages that appear in the tracking information, and answer your most frequent questions.
How to get the order tracking number
When the seller has sent our order, it will go on the list of orders sent, and the seller will attach a tracking number that we can see in the detail of the order. If we are on the computer, we will go to the list of orders, and when we pass the mouse over the button “Locate Order” or “Track Order”, as shown below. The tracking number will appear and the last states the package has gone through. If we click on the button, it will take us to a page with more information.
If you are browsing AliExpress from your mobile app, go to the order list, enter “Pending Orders”, and click on the “Track” button. It will take us to another page where we will see the tracking number and the list of movements of the package.
Tracking our order
Now that you have the tracking number of your AliExpress order, you can see where the package is going and if it's coming soon. Remember that we can only track certified orders, as explained in the Guide to AliExpress' shipping methods.
Most packages sent by registered mail have a tracking number starting with R and ending with CN, although there are many different tracking numbers. In general, we can say that orders of low prices (less than $5) are usually sent by ordinary mail (no tracking), and even if they have their own tracking number, if they show any movement when tracking it will only be while they are in China. Once they leave the country of origin, they are no longer traceable.
In any case, to see the tracking number information, we can do it from the AliExpress page itself (as we showed you in the previous step), use the page of the mail service of your country or other pages like 17track.net, which is one of the pages that shows more information than any of the previous ones.
If you have several packages and want to keep track of them, it's best to look for a mobile application that can track the numbers and inform us of status changes. Search in your application center, there are many: aftership, 17track, parcelsapp… You just have to add the tracking number and configure the alerts.
Decoding order tracking information messages
Now you know how to find the tracking number and how to view the information. When you do this, you will be shown the different states the package goes through by means of the information shown by the transport company that sends your package. Therefore, the information will usually be displayed in Chinese while the country of origin is still there. Even so, some state mail services show their own tracking from the moment it is accepted in the country. Therefore, tracking an order can be somewhat confusing.
In order for you to understand it better, it is good to know where an AliExpress package goes. First of all, the seller deposits the package with the carrier. Then, it may move between different Chinese locations until it reaches Chinese customs. This is usually not a problem since they hardly ever stop packages unless their contents are dangerous. Afterward, the order will travel from China to our country, where it will again pass through Chinese customs. If we make small, low value and light orders, we will not have problems (we recommend you to consult our guide on customs in AliExpress). Finally, it will reach us at home.
Anyway, we are going to leave you a summary of some frequent states through which the order passes so you can better understand where your order is.
- Collection or The item is pre-advised: The package is in the country of origin, pending collection by the parcel service company.
- Acceptance, accepted, or posting: The package has already been accepted by the corresponding post office (in origin).
- Arrival at the exchange office: The package has arrived at customs in China.
- Opening: The package is being inspected by Chinese customs. There is no need to worry.
- Departure from transit office of exchange: The package has left customs in China.
- Departure from outward office of exchange: The package is waiting to be shipped to the destination country.
- In the delivery process: The post office is already delivering your package, soon you will receive your package.
- Final delivery: The recipient has already received the package.
- Delivery unsuccessful: The carrier has passed by our house to deliver the package but has not found us, usually leave us a note to go get it at the nearest office.
Many times orders will be sent to us by the company Netherland Post, passing through the Netherlands before arriving in our country. Their states are different from those of other companies, so we leave you the most frequent ones:
- The item is pre-advised: We have requested the collection of your shipment in China.
- The item is at the PostNL sorting center: The shipment is being sorted, it is already in the possession of the transport company.
- The item is on transport to the country of destination: The shipment arrived in the country of stopover (Netherlands). From here it will go to the country of destination.
- The item has arrived in the country of destination: It has already left the Netherlands and is on its way to your country.
- The item has been processed in the country of destination: The package has arrived in the country of destination.
- The item is at the local delivery office: The package is already at your post office, it will probably arrive at your home on the same day.
- The delivery of the item was unsuccessful: Your letter carrier has delivered the package but you were not at home. They usually leave you a note to pick it up at the nearest office.
- The item has been delivered successfully: The package has been delivered.
Usual States Correos España
If you are from Spain, most packages will arrive at you through the Spanish Post Office. Here is a summary of the most common states:
- Admitted: The package has been deposited in the post office of the country of origin.
- Departure from the international office of origin: The package is already on its way to the destination country.
- Arrival at the international office of origin: The package has already arrived at the country of destination (Madrid).
- In transit: It has left customs and is on its way to your local office.
- In the delivery process: The package will be delivered during that day by your letter carrier.
- Pending collection at the Post Office: Your letter carrier has come to deliver the package but you were not at home. They usually leave you a note to pick it up at the nearest office.
- Delivered: The package has been delivered.
Usual States MailAmericas
- Order created: The seller has requested the collection of the order and has labeled your package.
- Warehouse of origin: The delivery company has already picked up your package.
- Transit to destination country: The package is already on its way to the destination country.
- Arriving at destination country: The package has already arrived at the destination country.
- Customs: The package is being checked by customs.
- Mail reception: It has left customs and is on its way to the delivery office.
- Delivery branch: It has arrived at the destination office and shortly the letter carrier will deliver it to your home
- Delivered: The package has been delivered
Frequently asked questions
Not only do we read your comments, but we also try to solve all your doubts. Over the years, we have received many questions about AliExpress shipments, so we will answer your most frequent questions.
The tracking number says the package has been delivered but I didn't get it
This is one of the doubts that you leave us most often in the blog comments. In this case, we recommend that you talk to the salesperson, it is possible that they made a mistake when putting the tracking number and gave you the number of another customer. If he tells you that it's OK or simply doesn't answer, you will have to open a dispute.
To prove that the package has not arrived, despite the fact that it says it has been delivered, it is best to ask the transport company (post office) for a receipt, but they often refuse to provide this type of proof. An alternative is to use a page called trackitonline.ru. Although it is in Russian, using the Google Chrome browser you can easily translate it. By entering the tracking number, it will show you where it was delivered. By attaching this information to the dispute, you will ensure that AliExpress closes the dispute in your favor.
I think the seller has given me a fake tracking number
Many times we may have doubts about the tracking number, for example, because the tracking has started working before the order has been placed. You can ask the seller, but many times it's an error on their part. If the seller says everything is fine, we can give them the benefit of the doubt, and if the order doesn't arrive, we can open a dispute as in the previous case.
The tracking number shows no movement, should I be concerned?
From the time the seller sends the package, the tracking number can take up to 10 working days to become functional. In addition, if it is an ordinary shipment, it may never show movement. In any case, if you are worried, it is best to send a message to the seller.
Why do two tracking numbers appear?
Many times we see that two tracking numbers appear in the order detail. Most of the time, this is due to an error made by the seller or the transport company when giving the tracking number. When you correct the tracking number, two different numbers appear. When in doubt, as in the previous case, it is best to ask the seller.
Where does my package arrive? Will it be delivered to my home?
The package will arrive at the address you provided when ordering, although this may vary in some countries. You have to put an address where you can be reached, never the address of your post office because in that case, they will return the package to the country of origin.
Who will deliver my order? Which is the company that manages the shipments?
If you have ordered with the basic or economy shipping service, delivery will be made by the postal company that normally delivers letters and other packages (state post). If you have paid for a private courier service, it will arrive via its couriers.
Can I send my package to a locker?
So far AliExpress does not accept deliveries to lockers or P.O. boxes, it is best to provide an address where you can be reached to pick up the package and sign for it if necessary. Many people send their packages to work, where we spend most of our time and where we can be reached during postal delivery hours.
I have moved, can I change the delivery address?
If you plan to change your address in a short period of time, it is best not to place orders with AliExpress since neither the seller nor the post office can change the delivery address if the order has already been sent, so keep this in mind before making your purchases.
In the follow up I get “cancelled”, do I have to open a dispute?
If you see the “cancelled” message in the follow-up of your order, the first thing you have to do is contact the seller so that he can check with his transport agency what has happened. Usually, this message appears when the order has been returned to the seller and will not reach you. He will probably send you the order again or give you a refund by opening a dispute. In our article cancelled order on AliExpress we give you more information.
Tracking indicates that my shipment has been stopped by customs
All orders go through customs twice: in the country of origin (to detect that the content is not at all illegal) and in the country of destination (to check if it complies with the customs regulations of your country). You don't have to worry as most packages from China pass through without any problem if they are small, light, and not very bulky. But we recommend you read our Customs Guide on AliExpress for more information.
I have other doubts about my shipments that I can't solve, what can I do?
If you have other doubts or questions about your shipments, it is best to contact the seller and ask them your questions. AliExpress also has a section of frequently asked questions on its platform, which you can access by clicking here. At the bottom of this page, you can contact AliExpress through a chat or through a form.
Other tips when shopping at AliExpress
As you can see, it is very easy to follow your orders with these simple tricks. Many times you ask us about details about your shipment, but in each country, it can be different so we recommend that you read our shopping guides according to countries that we have created in AlixBlog, with local advice on shipping and customs:
- How to Buy from Canada on AliExpress
- How to Buy from the United Arab Emirates on AliExpress
- How to buy on AliExpress from India
- How to buy on AliExpress from Australia
- How to Buy from France on AliExpress
- How to buy on AliExpress from the United Kingdom
- How to buy on AliExpress from the United States
- How to buy on AliExpress from Germany
- How to buy on AliExpress from Portugal
As you know, in AlixBlog we are experts in finding the most fashionable products at the best price, but we also have a large section with tutorials, where we help you with your questions about AliExpress and explain the best tricks. If you have other questions, we have compiled the most frequently asked questions in our Essential Guide to AliExpress.
Did you find this guide useful? Don't hesitate to leave us a comment below, we'd love to hear from you!