Did you know that ceramic knives cut 10 times more than steel ones? Or that they stay sharper a lot longer than stainless steel ones? So, after thousands of uses, they don’t need to be sharpened. Sounds pretty good, doesn’t it?
Well, in today’s guide, we are going to show you the best place to purchase ceramic knives: AliExpress. On the platform you will find the cheapest ceramic knives on the market. A lot cheaper than any regular run of the mill shop around the corner.
But, why is this? Probably because Chinese sellers offer this product directly, with no need for intermediaries. From the warehouse to your house. That’s why prices are so affordable, as you will be able to see soon enough. Another important thing, in 99% of the cases, shipment is free, so your set of 4/6/8 ceramic knives will cost less than 20 euros…Think you can find something better?
Advantages and disadvantages of ceramic knives
This product is quickly becoming a super popular among users everywhere, so lets look at some of their features, advice on their use,and advantages and disadvantages (yes, they do have some, but nothing in comparison to their advantages).
Let’s start by answering one of the questions we asked often: are ceramic knives a good choice when it comes to kitchen utensils? Here at Alixblog we are going answer all your questions with complete honesty, given our experience with this tool and the opinion of experts in the area.
Ceramic knives, with all their pros and some cons, are an instrument that must be used in a specific way, meaning you will have to learn how to use knives in a different way. Ceramic knives stay sharp, so using them can be dangerous. This, along with their lightness and the fact that their material won’t warp, will mean you have to change your mindset when using them.
Important: don’t use this accessory to cut food with bones or other especially hard parts. And, careful, always use them on top of board (the best ones are plastic or wood). Another thing to know is how and with what frequency to sharpen ceramic knives. You’ll have to do this a lot less often than regular ones. Even if you use them a lot, these knives will stay sharp for years and years to come.
Advantages of ceramic knives
- A lot lighter than metal knives
- Allow precision cutting with great ease
- They don’t absorb the smell or taste of food
- Made with super resistant materials (zirconium oxide powder) that stay sharper longer
Disadvantages of ceramic knives
- To keep the knives sharp, you shouldn’t cut frozen food, or create friction with hard surfaces such as stone or metal
- In theory, they should be washed by hand with mild soaps and shouldn’t brush against each other or with other objects
- They aren’t resistant to strong blows. Avoid dropping them on the floor
How to find cheap ceramic knives on AliExpress
Customers in AliExpress say these ceramic knives can be easily compared to those made by the famous Japanese brand Kyocera, leader in the area. There’s a wide catalogue of knives on the platform. We’ve even found some Kyocera replicas, if you would rather try something closer to the originals.
In this guide for knives offered by AliExpress you can find the latest fashion in these kind of products, the ones customers can’t stop talking about and the best selling ones.
Value and compare them, but we can tell you know the star product in AliExpress when it comes to knife sets is this one, with more than 6000 sales and an excellent ratings. You can get it for 14 euros, with a discount of ups to 90%. And, as an extra, you can also purchase the best sharpener, an accessory for only 4 euros. Interested yet?
Our advice is that you start by looking at kits of 4 knives offered by various sellers: as a general rule, they are 3”, 4”, 5” and 6 inches, but we’ve also found individual knives such as this one, if what you are looking for is a unique models… for only 4 euros!
Another product that is doing good is this 8” one. It goes for 10 euros and unlike what happens with stainless steel ones, you will only have to buy one knife to last you a lifetime. If you still aren’t sure if AliExpress is the best website to purchase cheap ceramic knives, try looking around. You will soon see what the deal is.
Best shops to purchase ceramic knives
- Findking Factory 2 crowns
- Global outdoor products 2 crowns
- Teamtop IC Store 1 crown
- Vista Home and Garden Industrial 3 diamonds
- Tingtin brand household goods 3 diamonds
- Kitchencera Co., Ltd 3 diamonds
More AlixBlogger advice on finding cheap knives
As you can see, there are plenty of sellers. So try following these three premises we will give you now to go through the results and choose the one that best suits your needs and budget.
- Seller’s reputation: There is a difference between making a purchase from a shop with one medal and one with diamonds or crowns. All the shops we listed above are very well rated so you won’t have any problems. However, check the market and make sure the shops are well rated by various customers. This is the best way to ensure your purchase is good, and do remember that you might also find some good shops that are still too new to have any good ratings.
- Number of sales: to know if a seller is completely trustworthy, check the number os sales. The more sales the shop has, the better it is.
- Comments and reviews left by previous customers: this is yet another way to ensure the item you are getting is trustworthy. Read comments and reviews by previous customers, then make your decision or write to the seller directly, if you are still having doubts.
Finally, a last piece of advice: write to sellers directly to ask any questions you might have. They usually answer pretty fast. And if you have any suggestions, leave us a comment, we love hearing from you.